A client recently had her account deactivated by Facebook.
And so her question was simple: “Now what?” How do I get myself out there and share my content if I’m no longer on Facebook?
Hopefully that’s not the case for you, and you still have an active account.
But what if you’ve struggled with Facebook ads?
Or don’t know how to do them correctly?
Or don’t have the budget to do it right now.
And yet you know you need to be helping people with your knowledge.
How do you move forward?
In this post, I share a few ideas that might be of help.
Your own website
Your own website
Here are the steps:
- Create an account with the above platforms…and start sharing your content.
- Link them to each other. For example — when posting on Quora, link it back to your website or YouTube video, etc.
- In your videos & written content, ask people to share.
- On your website, install ShareThis plugin & actively encourage people to share.
- Properly optimize your website and articles for search engines (SEO)
In addition to these free/organic options mentioned above, you may also want to consider some paid promotions.
The goal is to share your content as widely as possible.
Paid content promotion (budget of $100/month)
- Consider getting affordable help on Fiverr.
- Collaborations (find partners that are happy to share your content on their platforms — including sharing to their Facebook profiles and pages)
There are many other options to consider; but it’s best to keep things simple and take them one at a time.
Also, note that you don’t have to do everything discussed here.
Just pick 1 or 2; and get very good at them, before adding another strategy.