Business Group Coaching
(If you prefer videos, just watch this clip below & you’ll get a very good sense of the business group program. Else, keep reading below)
Frankly, I initially hesitated to create this offer of a group coaching program.
This is because of 2 main reasons: Time and Impact.
Time: How do you support each member of the group on a personal level, so that everyone feels seen and safe in the knowledge that their needs will be met?
Impact: How do you go deep enough into any 1 individual’s situation to answer their questions and create meaningful impact in their lives?
Having been in multiple groups myself, these are the 2 main issues I see on a regular basis…and I admit that it’s a big struggle.
And so I set out to create a space that will be different.
But before I get into the specific features of the group & what makes it different, let me explain why it exists in the first place.
1). Why I created this group
a). Long-term focus: My biggest motivation for creating this group is to support clients for the long-term.
Truth is, building a business takes time.
- There’ll be days and weeks where you are unable to get any reasonable work done; and that’s okay.
- You’re going to put your offers out there and nobody will buy from you; and that’s okay.
- You’ll spend some money on ads & won’t make anything back; and it’s all part of it.
- You need time to build a true audience of real & engaged followers.
- You need time to create helpful products & get people to buy them from you.
- You need time to form profitable business relationships & collaborations.
All these things take a lot of time.
b). Coaching fees: Following up from the first point about long-term goals is the issue of coaching fees and pricing.
By now, we all agree that we need time to create a real business that is both profitable and sustainable.
We also know that it’s important to have some kind of coaching, support, or mentoring from someone who’s done it.
But then the question arises: How do you afford a 1-on-1 coach for a long period of time when you’re barely making any income?
This is another reason I created the group — to provide high-quality support for a long time without you having to break the bank or spend all your savings on private coaching.
c). Good work in the world: Another reason I decided to create this group is the kind of clients I work with.
You see, most of the clients that come to me are people who are doing “good in the world”. They are therapists, coaches, energy healers, consultants, etc.
These are relationship coaches saving homes from breakup, or a therapist who prevents someone from harming themselves, a massage therapist healing some stress and pain, etc.
They are directly affecting the lives & outcomes of their clients in very tangible ways and giving them hope for a better tomorrow.
And so I wanted to be a part of that.
By supporting my clients with their business & marketing, I am helping them reach their own clients —- which means that I indirectly get to participate in their mission of giving these people a better tomorrow.
d). Safety & accessibility: Last but not least, I created this business coaching group in order to stay accessible to the kind of clients I enjoy working with.
Apart from the expensive nature of 1-on-1 coaching, it can also be very intimate and vulnerable… and you may not be ready for that just yet.
Working in a group is a safe way of receiving support without feeling like your space is being threatened.
2). Number of group members
- The group is limited to only 10 participants
- That’s the maximum number; and it will not increase on you
- This will ensure that each client gets enough time & attention (not just from me but from the entire group).
- Also, it’s a good number to guarantee that we have enough people for community effect & collaborations; but not too many people that it gets too busy.
3). Features of the group coaching program
- 1 private call per month with me
- 2 group calls per month (1 Training; 1 Q&A). See an example.
- Monday Open Office hours (to get any help for the new week)
- Access to all my Samples and References (my ads, landing pages, etc.)
- Access to my entire course library (all my courses, templates, etc.)
- Video recording of answers to your questions (see samples)
- Support to create & improve your offers, services, and packages
- Breakout Rooms for deeper connection & accountability
- Support & Review of your Facebook ads (though I won’t manage them)
- Smaller accountability groups (partners to keep you on track)
- Private Facebook group (ask unlimited questions)
- Opportunity to meet & collaborate with other solopreneurs on the same journey
- Co-working sessions with me + other members
4). Expected outcome
This group has been carefully designed to have a big & real-life impact on your business.
Assuming you work on your business for only 25 hours a week, here’s what you can expect to achieve by the end of the 12-month program:
- 45+ articles & videos
- 4 high-quality e-books
- 4 well-researched courses
- 6 workshops
- 4 offers (that are clear, specific, and compelling)
- 4 sales-generating videos
- A growing audience on at least 2 social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Clear funnel & business “suite” of services, products, and packages
- Foundation for your own group coaching program (if applicable)
Like everything else in life, these outcomes will depend on your own input and ability to take the required actions.
However, I have broken everything down in such a way as to make it almost impossible for you to not achieve your goals.
You’re going to get multiple checklists & support options to help you do what we agree on.
We’re also going to have clear, specific goals & actions (daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly).
5). Who is this group for?
This program is hands-on, engaged, and long-term. Therefore, it is not for everyone.
You want to be sure it’s a fit for you before you apply to work with me in this way.
It is 12 months in full.
It is not a month-to-month arrangement where you pay as you go & cancel whenever you like.
There is no refund for midway cancellation.
You either want to do it or you don’t; there’s no middle ground.
The 12-month business group coaching is for you if:
- You have a specific business that you want to grow
- You’re willing to be patient & are not expecting “3 new clients by next month”.
- You experience feast & famine periods in your business. I.e. Some months you sign 3 new clients; and life is good. Other times, you go for 5 months straight without any new client. You’ve figured that you now want to make your income steady, predictable, and consistent.
- You want to build a business that suits your style rather than feeling like you have to change who you are or do stuff you don’t enjoy in order to succeed.
- You want to eventually reach & maintain a full-time income via your business
- You can dedicate between 20 and 25 hours per week to work on your business; not just in it.
- You believe in your work & you feel it’s a calling you should pursue; but you can’t seem to make it work.
- You know what the basics of business & marketing are, yet have a hard time making a practice of them and putting them to action.
- You love the concept of building strong foundations for your business that can help you win in the long-term.
- You can afford this. You’re not taking a loan or going into credit card debt in order to work with me.
- You see room for growth in your business that could justify the expense of this program. This program is asking for a commitment of your time and money. I would feel terrible if I realized that this program was asking you to pay an amount your business would never allow you to recoup.
- You are someone whose work and manner of moving in the world I admire. I want to be inspired by the people I’m working with. I need to be able to really believe in who you are and what you’re about. This will be an important filter for me. If I don’t believe that your work is adding real value to people’s lives, I won’t be able to help you much. (I copied this almost word-for-word from Tad; but I agree with him and this is exactly how I want to feel about my clients. Thank you Tad.)
The program is likely not a fit for you if:
- You don’t like my style & my presence. I am a black guy; an African American. If you’re not open to working with a black because nothing good comes from black people, then this is the best time to stop reading.
- You’re really happy with where your business is right now; and you don’t see how anything about your work can be improved. If that’s true, stop reading. You don’t need this offer.
- You keep changing your mind on what your business is. If you’re always wanting to start new projects & are not sure you can focus on this business for at least the next three years, then this is not for you.
- You need to be pushed in order to do the work. I am not your accountability partner. I can help you find one if you need that. But it is vitally important that you’re someone who is willing to take action. I will show you what actions to take. And I do my best to support you through the process. But only you can do the actions for yourself. You must be motivated.
- You need instant results. If you want to know for sure that you’ll start getting clients from next month, then this is not for you because I don’t promise that. If you have a group program that you need to fill next month, you’d need to look elsewhere.
- You can’t accept help. I love it when you have a clear idea of what you need help with in your business & marketing. However, if you’re someone who also wants to control the how of what’s done; then maybe this is not for you.
- You need someone available on weekends. You’ll hear from me Monday to Friday. If you want a marketing coach who’s also available on Saturdays and Sundays, I’m not the one you’re looking for.
6). Fees & Payment options
- The base fee is $200/month
- A 1 year commitment is required
- There are 2 payment options:
- Option 1: Pay $2,000 for the entire year (rather than $2,400; which means you’re effectively paying $167/month and getting 2 months free)
- Option 2: Pay $1,100 twice ($1,100 * 2 = $2,200; which means you’re effectively paying $183/month and getting 1 month free)
- There is no option for month-to-month payment; a full 1-year commitment is required to participate.
1). A common question I get is why don’t I charge more considering everything that’s included in the program?
Answer: The main reason is that I want this to be accessible to the kind of people I want to help. I want it to be a very good deal; a no-brainer for you. I want you to feel good about the quality of what you get; and feel like your money was well-spent for the return on investment. Besides, I also want you to think I’m cool so you can talk about me with a huge smile on your face 🙂
2). 12 months is a long time. Why do you insist on a 12-month commitment?
Answer: Because this offer is designed to help you build long-term foundations for your business. We cannot do all of this work listed above in 12 weeks.
3). I just met you; this feels like a jump. Don’t you have other offers I can explore to see if we’re a fit before making this big decision to work together for 12 months?
Answer: I agree with you; you should not work with me in this way until you know for sure that I’m the person you’re looking for. To help you make that decision, there are other ways to check out my work which I believe are less risky for you. Take a look at my services page & you’ll find smaller offers to test with. Also, you can email me with any questions you have & I’ll do my best to answer them. ([email protected])
4). Why can’t I pay month to month?
Answer: The long-term nature of the program is such that it requires a full commitment. It’s either you’re in it or you’re not; there is no middle ground.
Paying month-to-month would be a middle ground. It puts pressure on you & me; always having to decide whether to renew or not.
I want money to be dealt with right from the start; so that we can get it out of the way and focus all our energy on the work. I do my best work when I’m not thinking about money.
5). Can I cancel midway? Will I get a refund if I no longer want to keep going?
Answer: I do my best to ensure that this is an absolute fit for you before we get started. As a matter of fact, I intentionally make you wait for 2-4 weeks before you commit to this program.
That waiting time is the best time for you to meditate on it, speak with your partner, & check your bank account to be sure you’re ready for this. It’s also the time for you to check your life & see if you actually have the time required to do the work.
This is because I don’t allow people to cancel midway simply because they “no longer feel like continuing”.
The reason for this is that so many people have shiny-object syndrome. You work with a certain coach for 2 months; and then you hear about another new coach who is so amazing; and you want to jump ship to the next one.
I don’t allow this. And I won’t issue a refund for this lack of focus.
However, I know that in life, there are certain occurrences we cannot foresee. Therefore, if a real-life situation arises which makes it completely impossible for you to work, then I could make an exception. I’ll need to know the details of what this life event is & then make the decision at my discretion.
Otherwise, just go in with the mindset that you’re actually coming to build your business for the long-term & that we’re in it together for the next 12 months.
6). What’s the time commitment you need from me?
Answer: In addition to our ongoing calls, you will need up to 25 hours per week to really do the homework & dig into everything we’ll be doing. Think of it as just 5 hours a day; Monday to Friday. You can take the weekend off, I do that too 🙂
7). Apart from your stated fees, will I be spending anything else?
Answer: No, at least not with me. There might be fees associated with services you need for the regular running of your business; such as email software, website hosting, advertising, etc. But none of that has anything to do with me & you’re likely already spending that anyway; whether you work with me or not.
8). What if I only need some parts of what you offer & not the whole thing? Is there a way I can work with you on a smaller package to tackle a specific aspect of my business?
Answer: Yes, that’s possible. The first thing I’d invite you to do is visit my services page again. You’ll likely find something that could work for you. But if you don’t, simply send me an email with details of what exactly you want & I’ll let you know if we can create something unique for you or not.
9). This all sounds good and I think I’m ready to do it. But I have a few more questions before I can decide.
Answer: Feel free to send me an email ([email protected]). I’ll do my best to answer any questions you may have.
Next steps – if a fit.
If you’ve read this far into the letter and it still feels like a fit, and you’re convinced you’d like to explore working with me in this way; then I invite you to go ahead and fill out this application form.
I will go through your application & get back to you — typically within 2 days max.
If I feel like what you’ve written aligns with what I have to offer, I will invite you to schedule a private call where I answer any questions you may have before I welcome you to join the group.
But if after reading your application, I feel like I’m not the best person to support you; or that this is not the service you need — then I’ll either refer you to someone else who I think is better suited for you…or I’ll find one of my offerings which might be a better fit for you.
Whether we work together or not; I sincerely hope you consider building strong foundations for your business to ensure that it is profitable in the long-term.
It will greatly reduce the stress and pressure you might be feeling around money, business, and marketing.
It will also set you on the right path to creating the kind of income that puts a smile on your face; while simultaneously helping your clients and making their lives better.
I welcome you to explore my website. You will find several resources that can help you get started on this journey of sustainability.
Wishing you all the best.